With around 63,000 employees at 1,000 locations in over 100 countries, Kuehne + Nagel is one of the leading global logistics service providers. It focuses on sea and air freight, contract logistics and overland transport with a clear focus on areas that add significant value such as IT-supported integrated logistics offerings. Kuehne + Nagel’s global logistics network, cutting-edge IT systems, in-house expertise and excellent customer service, have placed the company at the forefront of the industry, and positioned Kuehne + Nagel to continue increasing the scope of its customer solutions and services.
Challenges and goals
- Increased customer demand for flexibility in the area of specialized outsourced logistics services
- Provide prompt services for urgent deliveries while keeping logistics costs in check
- Improve cost-efficiency in groupage services
- Deliver best service levels to customers requesting individualized transport solutions
ORTEC Route Scheduling has proven to be the perfect match for Kuehne + Nagel’s business requirements related to the optimization of order planning and delivery, regardless of the country specifics. By streamlining its distribution activities with ORTEC system, Kuehne + Nagel has obtained an increased operational efficiency with benefits such as:
- clear insight into transport flows and the related costs for an informed and strategic decision-making
- improved usage of resources through maximum utilization of truck loading space and decrease in number of trucks needed
- optimized routing resulting in less kilometers driven
- ability to easily adapt planning for last-minute customer requests
ORTEC Route Scheduling has also been fully integrated into Kuehne + Nagel’s IT landscape, being interfaced with warehouse management systems to achieve an instant and accurately updated inventory overview.
ORTEC’s solution has been successfully implemented in Austria and Poland with more deployments being currently in progress.