At ORTEC we are committed to protecting your personal information. It’s our belief that it’s your information, it’s personal, and as such we respect that. We also want to maintain the trust we have from our customers, as well as visitors of the ORTEC website.
Our Privacy Statement gives you detailed information on when and why we collect your personal information, how we use it and how we keep it secure.
The information you share with us means you’ll receive a more personalized experience e.g. information relevant to your region or your industry, exhibitions and new developments that may interest you.
ORTEC is an internationally operating company focusing on Optimization in the broadest sense. We are headquartered in The Netherlands and run multiple offices across the world. For a complete list please view the overview on our website at https://ortec.com/offices/.
ORTEC is the data controller of your personal information.
Contact details for ORTEC Headquarters :
By phone +31 (0)88-ORTECNL (+31 (0)88-6783267) or you can message us via our website.
If you have questions regarding your information or its use, please contact our Data Protection Officer by email: email@example.com or utilize the forms available on our website to exercise your right as a data subject.
Although it is not compulsory to provide all of the information as listed below, should you choose not to, then ORTEC may not be able to provide you with the full range of services that we have to offer.
2. How We Collect Your Personal Information
Generally, we collect your information when you decide to interact with us, for example where you sign up to receive emails from us. We also look at how our visitors use our website, so that we can offer the best possible experience whether you’re trying to find out more about our latest solutions, read case studies or just browsing our site.
We collect information in a number of ways:
- When you sign up for receiving newsletters
- When you register for downloading brochures
3. The Types of Information We Collect
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the service you’ve requested and to keep you informed. There are occasions when you can choose not to give us certain information, but this for example, may limit the level of personalization we offer e.g. you may not get to hear about an event you may have been interested in attending.
The type of information we collect depends on where and when it is gathered:
Information we obtain directly from you:
When you create an account with us or register on our website we need to collect information from you in order to provide the service you are requesting.
We may collect:
- Prefix and name
- Email address
- Contact phone number(s)
When visiting our website, we may collect the following information:
- Automatically populated IP address: a public IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or another internet connected device to browse the internet. The log file records the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version. This information is collected to help diagnose and manage the website, to audit the geographical make-up of users, and to establish how they have arrived at the website.
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp or Twitter, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Information available publicly
We may include information that has been published in articles/ newspapers.
4. Why We Collect Your Personal Information and How We Use It
The information we hold on you will be used in several ways. Here are the main ones: to provide a service you have requested, offer you a personalized experience, inform you of events or updates you’ve asked for or contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information.
Specifically, we use the information we collect in the following ways:
To carry out our business and to provide a service or carry out a contract with you:
- To fulfil support requests and information requests, or executing internal processes like recruitment or event administration.
- Provide the best possible customer services and to help us with internal administration.
- Contact you with important information relating to your registration, such as confirming your event attendance or confirming your job application.
Where we have your consent:
- Send you updates via email, such as newsletters and upcoming events.
- Email you about a specific product or service you’ve requested to hear more on.
Where we have justifiable reason (including legal obligation and legitimate interest):
- Learn about your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information that is relevant to you.
- Help us target our marketing communications and adverts so that they’re more relevant to you.
- Use your pseudonymized details to show you advertising on such Social Media platforms as Facebook and Instagram or via other third-party advertising that may appear on other websites you use. The information shared with these platforms is pseudonymized to protect your personal data.
- Measure and understand how our customers respond to a variety of marketing activity so we can ensure our activity is well targeted, relevant and effective.
- Analyze and continually improve the services we offer including our website and our other products/services.
- To help us run the test version of our website that we use internally to pilot new features and ensure the smooth running of our web services.
5. How We Handle Your Information and Other Organizations
ORTEC will never share, sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
Some of our service providers may have access to your data to perform services on our behalf – sending of newsletters is a good example of this. We make sure anyone who provides a service for ORTEC enters into an agreement with us and meets our standards for data security. They will not use your data for anything other than the clearly defined purpose relating to the service that they are providing.
We may share your details with:
- Service providers who work on behalf of ORTEC for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, for example printers and mailing houses, marketing agencies, database services, website hosting or email delivery service.
- Third party data services, for example Adscience, who help us to segment and understand our audience by providing additional information so that we can send the most relevant and targeted communications possible.
- Third party advertisers (such as Facebook or Google) to help us identify customers similar to our clients or to serve relevant adverts to you on third party websites. The information shared with these advertisers is pseudonymized to protect your personal data.
- Where required to do so, for example when requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities.
ORTEC is not responsible for the privacy notices and practices of other websites even if accessed using links from ortec.com or any other ORTEC-owned website and recommends that you check the notices of each website you visit and contact its owner or Data Protection Officer if you have any concerns or questions.
Despite all our precautions, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us and so wish to draw your attention to the fact that you do so at your own risk.
6. How We Protect Your Data
Protecting the personal information you entrust to us is something ORTEC is committed to. We adopt robust and appropriate technologies and policies, so the information we have about you is protected from unauthorized access and improper use e.g. where applicable your online registration is encrypted, and our own network is protected.
As part of the services offered to you through the ORTEC website, the personal information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). By way of example, this may happen if any of the computer servers used to host the website are located in a country outside of the EEA. If ORTEC transfers your personal information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this privacy notice.
An example of such steps is data transfer to the USA. The USA has weaker data protection laws than that of the EEA and therefore we will ensure that only organizations who are a part of the EU privacy shield initiative will handle your personal information. More details on this certification can be found at www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
We will keep your information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice and to fulfil our legal obligations. We will not keep more information than we need. The retention period will vary according to the purpose. For further information about how long we will keep your information, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the contact details outlined in this notice.
If you ask us to stop sending direct marketing communications to you, we will keep the minimum amount of information (e.g. name, address or email address) to ensure we adhere with such requests.
7. Your Choices
You should find it easy to access and amend the personal information that we hold on you, or request that we stop contacting you. It’s your data and we want to make sure you feel in control of it.
On our website you will find forms to exercise your rights as a data subject.
8. Updates or Changes to the Privacy Notice and Further Information
This statement may be updated to take into account changes at ORTEC or for example to reflect changes to regulation or legislation.
The last update of this statement was on 11 May 2018.
Updates to this notice will be posted on this page – please check back from time to time. We may also inform you of any changes where we hold an appropriate email address for you.
Further information on data protection regulations and laws can be via the websites of the local regulators/authorities. We have listed a few for your convenience:
Notice updated on 11 May 2018