December 02, 2015
| Atlanta (US)
ORTEC Technology Innovations Recognized in Gartner’s Market Guide for Vehicle Routing and Scheduling
ORTEC has received recognition from Gartner in the Market Guide for Vehicle Routing and Scheduling for ORTEC Routing and ORTEC Routing for SAP. Gartner announced that “vehicle routing and scheduling is a mature market, going back over 25 years. The market is in transition, with new, more-robust, more-flexible and broader solutions emerging. While most midsize to large fleets have likely had solutions in place for over a decade, emerging VRS solutions have new capabilities that will enhance fleet operations, and this evolution is leading to a replacement market.” (1)
According to Bart De Muynck, author of Gartner’s Market Guide for Vehicle Routing and Scheduling, “The market’s vendors are not only offering vehicle routing software, but also related services such as transportation modeling, load building and real-time visibility.” Gartner recommends reviewing vendors for functionality offered, industries covered and geographical presence when assessing VRS solutions.” ORTEC meets all functionality requirements in Gartner’s assessment.
“Analysts, academics and business chiefs all recognize that supply chain leaders must merge the “science” of supply chain technologies with the “art” of processes, talent and metrics,” stated ORTEC Executive Partner Bobby Miller. “We are proud to deliver measurable business value by understanding specific industries business processes and providing our industry expertise, which is unmatched.”
In the 2015 Market Guide for Vehicle Routing and Scheduling, ORTEC delivers in every category and every box measured by Gartner including functionality, platform, geographic presence and industry coverage.
Gartner’s Market Recommendations
Marketplace Demands Real-time Transparency and Flexibility
- Look into emerging VRS capabilities and investigate the opportunity for adoption or replacement.
- Fully assess your requirements, especially in the areas of route optimization, because this will narrow down the specific vendors to consider.
- Review vendors for functionality offered, industries covered and geographical presence when assessing VRS solutions.
- Consider additional capabilities offered by the vendors to increase route planning and execution efficiencies, and improve customer service. The current capacity crunch in the transportation industry and productivity challenges fleets are facing due to new regulations require companies to find new ways to operate more efficiently. Technology is one way to address these challenges and contribute to a more efficient fleet operation.
“We recognize that the industry is moving away from siloed thinking and embracing the opportunities of integrated routing, load building, and inventory management,” stated Goos Kant, ORTEC Senior Director for Industry Solutions. “There is tremendous need for real-time transparency and flexibility, e.g., by sharing up-to-date delivery information towards both customers and management, to improve service and optimize the end-to-end supply chain. We are honored that Gartner has recognized ORTEC for in the Market Guide for our vehicle routing and scheduling technology and in the July 2015 Hype Cycle for Supply Chain Execution as a Sample Vendor in the Real-Time (Mobile-Synchronized) Route Optimization category.”
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
(1) Market Guide for Vehicle Routing and Scheduling, Bart De Muynck, February 25, 2015