What is Supply Chain Design?
Supply chain design is the process by which a company structures and manages the supply chain in order to identify the right balance between inventory, transportation, and manufacturing cost.
Why use Supply Chain Design?
Supply Chain Design is being used to match the supply and demand under uncertainty by positioning and managing inventory effectively. In addition, uses resources effectively in a dynamic environment.
How to benefit from Supply Chain Design?
ORTEC delivers solutions and consulting for supply chain planning from strategic to operational level. The ORTEC Supply Chain Design solution delivers answers on various what-if scenario's at a strategic level, including the modeling of inbound flows, production and inventory and outbound delivery. The unique capability of the solution is the ability to model your strategic business decision making requirements.
There are three separate steps to ORTEC's Supply Chain Design:
What are the results of optimizing Supply Chain Design?
- The first step is the strategic network design to make decisions on the number of locations, size of plants, and geographical sourcing strategies
- The next step identifies inventory stocking points which considers constraints such as demand and supply uncertainties, lead-times, cost and other complex constraints
- Lastly is the resource allocation to identify when and how much to produce or purchase as well as where and when to stock inventory
Optimizing Supply Chain Design with ORTEC results in:
Why contact ORTEC to optimize Supply Chain Design?
- A strategic network design and decisions on the number of locations, size of plants, and geographical sourcing strategies
- Answers on various what-if scenario's at a strategic level
- The ability to model your strategic business decision making requirements
Optimizing supply chain performance is complex because of conflicting objectives and uncertainties and dynamic. We believe in partnering with our clients to help them make the best decisions possible for their business. ORTEC has customers in many industries, including manufacturing, consumer goods and retail, where they receive significant improvements and quantifiable results from both the customer experience and cost savings perspective.