“Savings of 15% on travel expenses achieved after just a few months”
For Zorgpartners Friesland, new Enterprise Bargaining Agreements (EBAs) were a reason to purchase ORTEC Travel Distance Calculation, a travel expense module for ORTEC Workforce Scheduling. The company needed a solution to automate the processing and payment of travel expenses based on the number of days employees have actually incurred such costs. “In just the few months since it was introduced, this travel expense module has saved us at least 15% per month,” says Leo Koenders, ORTEC Workforce Scheduling Application Manager at Zorgpartners Friesland.
Challenges in the world of Zorgpartners Frieslan
- A new EBA which stipulates that travel costs are only paid out based on expense declarations, and that the employee must prove that he or she has worked that day, was a reason for automating the travel expense declaration process.
- Employees who work from different locations do not have a fixed commute distance, so their compensation had to be calculated by hand every time.
- Zorgpartners Friesland’s travel expense data varies greatly due to the large number of flex employees and the many employees who work from different locations. Changing distances from home-to-work and workto-work movement result in variable travel patterns. This information was previously entered by hand and was therefore susceptible to data entry errors.
How Zorgpartners Friesland aimed to optimize its world
- By implementing ORTEC Travel Distance Calculation, Zorgpartners Friesland hoped to be able to calculate the distance between employees’ home address and their fixed or variable work location, or between different work locations, quickly and easily. ORTEC Travel Distance Calculation performs these calculations based on post codes.
- ORTEC Travel Distance Calculation (a travel expense module for Workforce Scheduling)
- Savings on travel compensation
- Reduction in paperwork
- Data entry errors are a thing of the past
- Drastic reduction in the amount of manual work
- Significant reduction in the time needed to process declarations