What is Performance Analysis and Reporting?
It is very difficult to manage an operation if you do not control the information flow; it is though virtually impossible to improve its performance without clearly defined and directly available measurements and KPIs.
Why optimize Performance Analysis and Reporting?
Planning Performance Analysis & Reporting is a key part of any planning process: the planner needs to be able to estimate the effect of each planning action and act accordingly. The dispatcher needs to react to the actions of the involved resources and realign the planning whenever required. The manager needs to monitor and measure the performance of the operation and make informed decisions on-time.
In the transportation business, key challenges are:
- How do you get the right information to the right people?
- How do you design your targets and how can the manager/planner know whether these targets are met?
- How do you know if a decision has a positive effect on your operation?
- How do you manage your costs and be able to effectively reduce them?
- How can you make sure that all business rules are met and that your business model becomes more efficient?
The more complex and dynamic an operation is, the higher the added value of Planning Performance Analysis and Reporting tools can be.
How to optimize Performance Analysis and Reporting?
Operational Reporting and KPI dashboard add-ons offer a number of real-time and near real-time, on-demand, interactive, operational reports that will benefit planners and management alike and provide opportunities to increase the quality of the planning process. Planners will receive continuous information about the consequences of any planning actions and real-time values of the most important KPIs. Target variables and KPIs can be defined in the system in order to compare plans against specific benchmarks such as average load per trailer, average transportation
cost per unit loaded, service level deviations etc.
Operational Reporting & KPI dashboard add-ons includes two sets of reporting tools:
Why contact ORTEC to optimize Performance Analysis and Reoporting?
- Graphical KPIs dashboard. All KPIs on the dashboard are updated directly, measuring the effect of each planning action and/or of information received from third party solutions (GPS devices, on-board computers, realizations, etc.) The dashboard is designed to support planners and dispatchers in meeting management performance goals and, at the same time, offer a real-time at-aglance overview of the operation’s performance to the management compare to predefined benchmarks.
- Operational data summaries and management reports. These more traditional report formats are enhanced with many interaction and distribution capabilities; they can be requested from anywhere inside the user interface, are fully configurable and can be easily shared with all interested parties. A key benefit of these new reports is the ability to interact with the data; records can be expanded and closed, users can drill down via hyperlinks, and if required, the data can be exported in multiple formats, or even viewed directly on an a smartphone or tablet. Options for flexible and just-in-time emailing of reports will make sure that the right people are informed at the right time. Furthermore, when solutions are based on flexible reporting tools, users will have the flexibility to create their own business-specific reports.
An important module to all our Advanced Planning Solutions (APS) is performance analysis and reporting. It gives the user real-time insight in the key performance indicators. The reporting tool is based on Microsoft, which gives the user the opportunity to create its own reports. A powerful dashboard with key indicators is available on an app (for tablet or smartphone) for historical trends, including the 10 best and worst contributors for each KPI. These tools are important to help the user and management for continuous improving their business.