“The most important motivation was to increase our customer service. Thanks to ORTEC, we achieved that goal.”
At Carglass, more than 350 technicians work hard every day to ensure that damaged windscreens can be quickly and accurately repaired; whether in one of almost 60 service centers, or by one of 150 vehicles providing service on location. “When your windscreen is damaged, you don’t want to wait too long for repairs. It needs to be done today, tomorrow or the next day at the latest”; that’s the Carglass philosophy. In order to provide even better service, Carglass decided to restructure its organization and optimize its scheduling process.
Prior to the implementation of ORTEC, each individual Carglass service center scheduled its technicians’ tasks manually, using paper work orders. This method offered little in the way of flexibility, and the lack of overview prevented the service centers from easily exchanging service technicians. “And that came at the cost of customer service.”
ORTEC Service Planning, supplemented with the Field Mobility Suite
In the process of increasing customer satisfaction, the use of ORTEC helped achieve other valuable results:
- An optimal schedule, thanks to greater insight and flexibility.
- Cost savings, thanks to the flexible use of technicians and resources.
- Time saved in the administrative process: invoices can be processed immediately.
- Time saved in work: pre-loading service vans means that technicians need not spend time looking for materials.
- Greater insight into management information, and better opportunities for evaluation.